Kagoshima International Association

Font Size | Large | Medium |



Covid-19 vaccination certificate for overseas travel

Topics Posted:August 28, 2021

The vaccination certificate is issued to those who need to present it at international travel occasions. For other purposes, please utilize "Certificate of vaccination for COVID-19" or "Record of Vaccination for COVID-19" which is issued when vaccinated.


Free of charge

Where to apply

The municipality which issued the vaccination vouchers for your vaccination (usually city, town, or village of your residential registration).

Necessary documents for application

(1) Application form
(2) Valid passport for your travel
(3) "Pre-vaccination screening only" part of the vaccination voucher
(4) "Certificate of vaccination for COVID-19" or "Record of Vaccination for COVID-19" which you received after vaccination
※ Note: Other documents may be required in some cases. For details, please check the website of your municipality.


For more information about the procedures of issuing the vaccination certificates, please contact or check the information of the municipality where you apply.

For general questions about the vaccination certificates, contact the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare COVID-19 Vaccine Call Center.
TEL: 0120-761-770 (free dial)
• Hours: See below (open on weekends and holidays also)
Japanese/English/Chinese/Korean/Portuguese/Spanish: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Vietnamese: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thai: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.

COVID-19 vaccination certificate for overseas travel|Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan

English site


Japanese site




〒892-0816 c/o Kagoshima Prefectural Citizens Exchange Center 1F 14-50 Yamashita-cho, Kagoshima City, 892-0816 Japan
TEL:099-221-6620 FAX:099-221-6643
Copyright Kagoshima International Association All right Reserved.